Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

Merry and Bright Gift Box

Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Have you ever need a nice size gift box just big enough to fit in some small gift but can't find the perfect one? With Crafter's Companion Ultimate tool you can achieve any size of boxes you like! Of course, I need to show you the magic. I created this medium size box that measures 3 x 3 5/8" with ultimate tool and it's effortless! If you need bigger size, all you need is a little tweak on the paper size. 




To create this box you will need:
- 6 x 6 Card Stock (for the lid)
- 9 3/4 x 9 3/4" Card Stock (for the base)
- Doilies
- Candied Paper Flowers
- Blings 

Now for the original measurement on the ultimate tool, the height for the base is designed to be slightly larger than the box lid but I changed a little for my version. I prefer a box with taller base. You can follow the guidelines below to create the box.

Step 1: Place your 6 x 6 card stock against the panel that labeled "box lid" and score at the second score line, score all four sides.

Cut the score card stock as follow to form tabs

Step 2: Place your 9 3/4 x 9 3/4" card stock against the panel that labeled "box base" and score at the second line from the bottom. Score all four sides. Cut the ones marked in red below to form tabs (so we can glue them together to form a box). 

Step 3: I decorated my box with doilies, such as following (this step is optional)

Step 4: I colored a stamped Christmas image using Spectrum Noir markers and use it to embellish the top of my box lid. I also stamped a sentiment "Bright and Merry" and make it into a tag for the gift box.

Step 5: Embellish with paper flowers and blings. 





There, you got all the steps to make this gift box, I hope you'll have fun making it and filled it up with treats crafty goodies and send to someone you love! I actually sent mine to a "secret sister exchange" friend, I filled it up with washi tapes. My favorite ones! :) If you are interested in this game you might want to check it out on my FB, it's kinda fun to send a gift to someone you don't know. Everyone needs a littke RAK once in awhile. :)

I hope you enjoy the tutorial today, have a great time creating! Hugs and <3 nbsp="" p="">
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature