Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

3D Paper Lantern

Friday, February 3, 2017
Hi all crafty peeps! I'm here to share with you a paper lantern made with Silhouette Cameo. I spotted this paper lantern cut file on Etsy and I couldn't resist it so I added it to my cart instantly. I used Classic Linen cardstock from CutCardStock to create this paper lantern. If you are having a party or celebration, you can make couple of this and string them up. I think it would look great for an outdoor party decoration!


The inner space of this lantern is actually pretty big so a regular tealight fits in the lantern nicely (I'd recommend using only LED tealight though). The linen cardstock is thick so it's suitable for creating 3D projects such as this.

First I download all the files for this project and open them with Silhouette Designer Studio. You should receive three separate files that open in three separate windows as followings. Arrange the images so it cuts on your 8.5" x 11" cardstock.
 These are the window part, it connects with the other half of window piece in picture above.

The top piece for the lantern.

These are the cutout pieces. Assemble pieces together using double-sided foam tape or strong liquid glue. 
Scor-pal double-sided tapes are my new love!

Attach the window piece to the stand


Assemble the remaining pieces and you will get this gorgeous lantern! 

Supplies:


2 comments on "3D Paper Lantern "
  1. Thank you for sharing! Love the vintage lantern ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you liked the lantern and thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature