Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

DIY Fall Home Decor

Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Can you believe Autumn is around the corner? Regardless of how much I love summer,  I look forward for the weather to get a little cooler.  However, it's a little off this few days it got so cold it feels like winter. I have been feeling unwell due to the unstable weather, actually I have not been feeling better since the allergy I got from Spring. I saw doctor and turned out I was wrong, I thought the longer I have been in this country my immune system will be more used to pollens. No, it won't. It will only get worse. So I have to figure out what I'm going to do with myself next Spring, I don't really like taking pills, perhaps will try some acupuncture first.

Anyway...lets move on to the project I'm sharing today, a DIY home decor - fall flowers (artificial) pot that I made yesterday.



I got the square glass vase from flowers bought for me by my hubby 2 years ago, I saved it knowing that I could turn it into something, and I did although it only took 2 years. hehe. :) 


I got some fall flowers from Michaels and I trimmed the stem because it comes in a bunch.


This is how it looks like after putting in all the flowers

Trim to pieces of paper (if you use paper with width larger than 20" you will need only one long strip, since I used 12 x 12 I had to cut two of them) at 4 3/4" height (depending on the size of your vase)


Apply adhesive to the blank side with 5" Sticker Maker


Wrap around the vase (hot glue might be needed to close the edges)


 Adhere ribbons around the top and the bottom of the vase


This is how it looks like when it's done, no more waste of vase and you have a beautiful home decor!


Happy Autumn!

Products used in this project:
- A Square Glass Vase
- DCWV Autumn Melody Stack
- Celebrate It Ribbon
- Articifial Fall Flowers and Leaves
- Xyron 5" Sticker Maker
- Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker
- Hot Glue


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day. 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature