Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

Upcycled Oatmeal Container

Wednesday, July 2, 2014
My recent project - recycling an oatmeal container to a home decor (wall frame). I had been wanting to do this for awhile now but got demotivated due to never ending house chores and two young kiddos. Until two days ago I got so determined to start this project and tell you what, I finished it! lol. How many of you have unfinished project(s)? I have countless! ***guilty*** I feel so satisfied to get this one done and in such a short time too!

Here is the final result, to be honest it looks a lot better in real. I cut the container manually to like 1.5" wide for each of them.

Wrapped them around with patterned papers and embellished with embellishments.

My daughter in picture


This wired flowers I got from recent's Basic Grey warehouse sales, I didn't know what to do with them at first but now I think they found their home. lol. 

Prima trinkets, alphas and American Crafts Pins. 


My little handsome man in the house :-)

This is before the project! We are oatmeal lovers!

I submitted this project to Cricut's I Made It contest, if not mistaken the contest ends 30th July so get your entries in for the chance to win a Cricut Explorer machine. Fingers crossed. :)

Supplies and tools:
- One empty Oatmeal Container (cut into about 1.5 inches wide)
- Prima Flowers
- Basic Grey Wired Flowers
- Prima Chipboard Alphabets
- Prima Embellishments/Trinkets
- Prima Butterflies
- Webster Pages Trim
- Webster Pages Flowers
- Webster Pages Pin
- Heidi Swapp Paper Bow Tie
- Celebrate It Ribbon
- Offray Ribbon
- American Crafts Cloth Pins
- Recollections Papers
- Blings
-  Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron Adhesive Dots
- Heat Gun
Hemp rope
- We R Memory Keeper Eyelet Setter

Submitted this to the following challenge(s):
- DL.ART Thankful Thursday July Challenge
- Southern Girl Something Round Challenge

Thank you for looking!


6 comments on "Upcycled Oatmeal Container"
  1. Just darling!!! I am thrilled to be on DT with such a creative person!!! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever what a great idea- make sure to have a link here for the challenge post to be eligible for the prize.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls for our round challenge. Don't forget we have a DT call going on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome, I'm so impressed. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea!! Love all the little details you have added. Thanks for playing along at Southern Girl Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature