Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

Mixed Media Keepsake Box

Monday, July 3, 2017
I was at my local A.C Moore couple days ago and saw this cute wooden keepsake box and had to bring it home with me. I didn't have any idea about what I wanted to do with it until I saw this new text stamp set from Crafter's Companion and immediately this popped into my mind! 

I first stamped it with embossing ink and heat set it with white embossing powder, I was worried how it would end up but luckily they turned out the way I hoped. I then colored the surface with Sparkle Markers (make sure not to use acrylic paint over the embossed letters or you won't get this result!) and when it dried completely I applied a layer of mod podge just to seal the surface.

For the center piece, I created the watercolor background with Sparkle Markers as well and they look pretty good. Using the same technique, I stamped and heat embossed the word "FAMILY LOVE" with white embossing powder then only I create the watercolor background on a watercolor cardstock. 


I actually made two of similar design, one for the front and the other on the back.

The stamps sets are coming to HSN this July 11th in less than two weeks!! Don't forget to check the complete list of items coming to you! 

Supplies:

- Sheena's Text Stamps Set (Love and Create)
- Die'sire Flower Quilling Die (Sweet William)
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Markers (Moonlight, Harvest Moon, Red Berry)
- Crafter's Companion Watercolour Cardstock
- Gemini Diecutting/Embossing Machine

Others:
- Wooden Keepsake Box
- Acrylic Paint
- White Embossing Powder
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature