Top Social

Picture Life

with embellishments...and rain drops!

Gift Box for Mother's Day

Friday, May 1, 2015
Hello all my crafty friends! I recently received this new collection of dies and embossing folders by Teresa Collins from Craftwell, can’t tell you how adorable they are. So rather than talking, I will show you what I make instead.

Here is a little gift box I made for the coming Mother’s day, or used as keepsake box. 


See the little bow on the box? It’s one of the dies in the new collection! How cool and so pretty, don’t you think? I love creating using dies; you can always reuse and make it anytime you want in any color or pattern.



I used one of the embossing folders to create the texture on the box cover. That’s right! You can even use the embossing folder as stencil, or reverse stenciling to be exact. Here is how I make it:
Step 1: I cut out a heart shape by tracing the shape of the box on a patterned paper.
Step 2: Apply modeling paste on the cut-out heart shape, then ink on the embossing folder pattern in red color (I used Tim Holtz distress ink).

Step 3: Now place the heart shape with modeling paste on the inked embossing pattern, press gently and remove.

Here is what you will get, let dry then adhere to the cover of the box.

Step 4: This is another fun part that I love to do, embellishing. Cut out the bow shape using the Cut ‘n’ Boss and embellish the box lid, along with paper flowers and other embellishments. I cut each part separately so you only see one of the parts for use to assemble the bow.


Note: You will also need to decorate the exterior of the box using any patterned paper you like. Measure the height of the box you are using, cut patterned paper into strips and glue to box.

I hope you enjoy the project I’m sharing today, thank you for visiting Craftwell’s blog and I hope you have a wonderful day! (Don’t forget to check out the new releases, you’re going to love them! More project ideas to create using them coming up soon!).
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature